Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Every day, approximately 10,000 people in the United States turn 65 years old and about 25% of adults 65 and older have some type of mental health problem. The number of Americans with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias will grow each year. By 2025, the number of people age 65 and older with Alzheimer's disease is estimated to reach 7.1 million — a 40 percent increase from the 5.1 million age 65 and older affected in 2015. (Alzheimer’s Association website)
This increase has created a tremendous need for geriatric behavioral health services, particularly in nursing homes. MedOptions is the leading provider of these services to nursing home residents. We are making a difference and are seeking dynamic clinicians to join our team locally.
Our psychologists perform initial evaluations, supportive and group therapy and neuro-cognitive testing to a diverse population including the elderly living in nursing homes, adults who may be in the nursing home for short term rehab and more acute patients. In this role, you will develop relationships with the residents, facility staff and the other MedOptions’ clinicians which include psychiatrists, neurologists, nurse practitioners and clinical social workers.
In 2016, we will expand our services to tele-health which will create new and different opportunities for clinicians.
• Weekday schedule; no evenings, no weekends
• Highly competitive salaries
• Comprehensive benefit package valued at approximately $25,000
• 4-week orientation
• Ongoing education programs including online learning CEU programs and monthly teleconferences
• Referral bonus program
We have a unique opportunity for psychologists to provide care in nursing homes to a diverse population including the elderly, adults who may be in the nursing home for short term rehab and more acute patients. You will perform initial evaluations, supportive therapy, group therapy, and testing as well as manage difficult behaviors.
• PhD, or PsyD, or equivalent recognized doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an accredited university
• Two years of supervised clinical experience at least one of which is post degree
• Holds a valid permanent license in practicing state(s) as a clinical psychologist in accordance with the regulations of that state or in the process of obtaining it
• Must be able to pass MedOptions' HR/credentialing process
• Ability to use an Electronic Health Record
• Ability to follow a schedule and travel to different locations on a consistent schedule