Are you a Medical Assistant looking to advance your career skills to the 21st century? Then Telehealth Powered by MedOptions is looking for you. MedOptions is the largest provider of behavioral healthcare services in the nation. We are currently growing and looking for highly motivated and dependable medical assistants to join our team!
The Medical Assistant/Health Technician functioning as a Telehealth Care Technician (TCT) serves in a generalist role to support and manage clinical encounters from the patient and provider location as the site telepresenter. You will use 21st century technology to bring providers and patients together via computer technology, you will manage real time telehealth appointments, including patient encounters with our world class clinicians, patient education activities, technical and scheduling activities, and other program support duties, as assigned at the facility.
This position requires traveling to nursing homes within approximately an hour of Augusta.
• Provides patient education related to telehealth care processes and behavioral health care.
• Completes and initiates appropriate clinical reminders, consults, and alerts.
• Utilizes EHR to document all clinical observations/information/patient education.
• Schedules, confirms and coordinates and provides technical support for telehealth services.
• Reviews planned telehealth encounters to ensure appropriate resources are available (i.e. video conferencing) and appropriate mode and circumstance for telehealth modalities have been ordered based on patient’s needs.
• Prepares the telehealth patient room including equipment for clinical encounter, training, education, access, and establishing the online, video conferencing or other connections.
• Provides “hands on” assistance to the provider and patient as part of the encounter, training or interaction as needed.
• Serves as a liaison and coordinates information between providers and facilities, patients and other key personnel.
• Initiates any indicated follow-up services based upon findings of providers and communicates need for follow-up to the patient.
• Installs, maintains, inventories and trains staff on all video conferencing technologies, and scheduling software.
• Participates in performance improvement activities to improve patient care and telehealth care processes.
• Conducts quality control procedures on equipment/products and maintains quality control reports and workload reports
• Assist with development of policies and procedures related to telehealth to ensure compliance with directives and regulatory guidelines.
• Interacts and communicates appropriately with patients and family members.
• Possesses knowledge of and complies with proper handling and cleaning of reusable medical equipment regulations and requirements.
• Assist in orientation and competency validation of clinical staff
• Maintains patient confidentiality (electronic, written and/or verbal).
• Other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION AND LICENSING:
Medical Assistant/Health Technician
• Knowledge of specialized terminology associated with specialty areas/clinics as assigned.
• Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with patients, families, facility staff and colleagues.
• Knowledge of computer and computer programs including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Outlook and MS-PowerPoint
• Must be able to travel to outlying facilities and possess a valid driver’s license.